Featured Post

Wednesday, May 1, 2024

April 2024 - Monthly Wrap-up


Hi, everyone!

Well, this has been an interesting month with only FIVE books read. It is what it is with my birthday AND everyone in my immediate family (including me) down with illness.

I am still on an audiobook quest for a good biography or memoir to listen to for next month. Most audiobooks seem to come in big drops, and I haven’t found one that interests me! Any suggestions???

I learned something about myself this month - I need to continually remind myself it is fine to DNF (Did Not Finish) a book. I kept reading a book for almost two weeks and read 26% of the book, but it wasn’t for me. I know that there are a lot of other books out there but for some reason, I really wanted to like this book. 

April's overall scores improved over March with a score of 4.0 stars. I had five books "stair step" from 5.0 down to 3.0 stars which is a first. Thankfully, I did have a standout book!

 

2nd ANNUAL “booksbydorothea” BEST BOOKS OF 2024:

All We Were Promised by Ashton Lattimore (January) 5 stars

Miss Morgan's Book Brigade by Janet Skeslien Charles (February) 5 stars

The Lost Story by Meg Shaffer (March) 5 stars

How To Read A Book by Monica Wood (April) 5 stars

 

GOODREADS READING GOAL:

For 2024, my goal will be 100 from the very start!!! As of 04/30/2024, I have read 38 books, or 38% of my goal.

 

APRIL 2024 STATISTICS:

5 total books

4 e-books; 1 audiobook; 0 physical books

2 books were an ARC (Advance Reader Copy)

2 books were library books

0 books were purchased

1 book was an Amazon First Reads

1 book was a Book Club Girl

 

Audio listening time in April:  8 hours, 44 minutes

Pages read in April:  1,074 pages

Average review rating: 4.00 stars

 

APRIL BOOK RATINGS with BOOK COVERS: 

5.0-star book (1)


How To Read A Book by Monica Wood (ebook) LINK

 

4.5-star book (1)


The Trial of Mrs. Rhinelander by Denny S. Bryce (ebook) LINK

 

4.0-star book (1)

 
One Way Back by Christine Blasey Ford (audiobook) LINK


3.5-star book (1)


The Atlas Maneuver by Steve Berry (ebook) LINK


3.0-star book (1)

 


Cut & Thirst by Margaret Atwood (ebook) LINK

 

If you want to read my full review of any of these books, there are individual review posts for each ebook or audiobook next to the name and author of the book. Click on the specific book link to get to that book review!! 

 

Happy reading!

Dorothea 💜

 

P.S. For more information about my book ratings, you can find out more HERE.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment