Featured Post

Thursday, October 19, 2023

UPDATED Goodreads Review Ratings



So with this update (10/07/2023), this is how I will be reviewing books going forward. I just feel like some consistency is needed as I am working hard to make this blog useful and fun for me and my readers!

First off, I really wish that Goodreads had 1/2 stars, but unfortunately, they do not. However, I do include 1/2 stars in the books that I review in the "review section" of Goodreads, NetGalley, and in this book blog. Here is my breakdown of reviews:

5-stars are the best of the best! These are the books that I cannot stop recommending to my friends!! They have moved me deeply and are books that I will think about and remember forever. Also, these are the books that I normally buy for my personal library and are the "HIGHEST Recommendation"! I also will call some of them masterpieces and expect them to be read for years to come. 

4.5-stars are outstanding books. They were great reads and very enjoyable, but these books didn't reach into my soul like the 5-star books. These are "HIGHLY recommend" books! 

4-stars are excellent books. Please, don't get me wrong, they are definitely worth reading and are books that I would "DEFINITE Recommend". They are great books and I thoroughly enjoyed them.

3.5-stars are very good books. But, I would definitely read them as I enjoyed them. A lot of these are more "fast food" reading, but these are not the mainstay of my reading choices. These are "Recommend". 

3-stars are okay, but just okay. I enjoyed the book, but it wasn't memorable to me. Something missed the mark - plot line, character development, or writing. These are "LUKEWARM recommend".

2-stars or 1-star are normally books that I would "DNF" (Did Not Finish). These are also books that I would not review, period. I don't like leaving negative reviews - instead, I just don't review the book. 


Happy reading,

Dorothea 💜


No comments:

Post a Comment