Featured Post

Monday, September 23, 2024

REVIEW - Do You Feel Like I Do? (audiobook)


 Do You Feel Like I Do? by Peter Frampton (audiobook)

OVERVIEW

I was a freshman in high school (dating myself now) when Frampton Comes Alive! was released and Peter Frampton played The Forum. A friend from P.E. class went to the concert with her boyfriend and we were all very jealous!! 

Peter doesn't really share too many secrets about himself or others. So if you are looking for a gossipy book, this is not it. But, if you love music like I do, you will love his musical journey and life!


OVERALL REVIEW: 4.0 stars


Writing: 4.0 stars

The writing was very different from any other book that I have read. It was in Peter's voice and told in the first person which was nice. It was a very unique style as if Peter was in front of me talking about his life rather than reading the book. 

My biggest issue with this memoir was that there were many musical groups, artists, and songs that I didn't know. Peter came to fame in England which was a very different musical scene from the U.S. and he is eleven years older than me. So our musical experiences are definitely different, but similar at times. 


Narration: 4.0 stars

Peter's narration was very unique. He is very self-deprecating, funny, and personable in his narration. He spoke very realistically about his life and used appropriate feelings throughout. 

His narration did take me a chapter to get used to it. But, it was great after that. 


Character Arc: 4.0 stars

The audiobook is told mainly chronologically, but he does deviate to fill in stories or explain things. At times, the flashbacks didn't have a good introduction or segue so it was a bit jarring.  


Memorable:  4.0 stars

Peter played with a lot of very famous artists I recognized. He played with everyone from Ringo Starr to Eric Clapton. But, he comes across as humble, kind, and loyal. He also is an avid learner which is admirable. 

He was very open about his muscular autoimmune disease - inclusion body myositis (IBM). Peter is a champion to raise funds for a cure and raise awareness of this probably very underreported disease. 

Peter's story of his missing Les Paul guitar in a plane crash in Caracas, Venezuela is amazing!


Entertaining:   4.5 stars

Peter was so funny at times. He made me laugh out loud many times. 


Book cover: 4.5 stars

Great!  


Book title: 5.0 stars 

On point!


STRONG recommend


STATISTICS

Los Angeles Public Library (LAPL) borrow (audiobook)

Do You Feel Like I Do? by Peter Frampton

Random House Audio

10 hours, 43 minutes

Release date of 10/20/2020


INFORMATIONAL LINKS

Peter Frampton

My Goodreads review

Hachette Books

Los Angeles Public Library


Happy reading, 

Dorothea 💜





No comments:

Post a Comment