Featured Post

Friday, May 17, 2024

REVISED Review Ratings

 


Hi, everyone:

With this update (05/17/2024), this is the new rating system terminology I will use to review books in the future. There are some wording differences, but the star ratings are the same.

I have said this before, but I wish Goodreads had ½ stars, but unfortunately, they do not. In my reviews on Goodreads, NetGalley, and Books by Dorothea; I will continue to review with ½ stars.

Here is the breakdown of my ratings and reviews:

 

5-stars "HIGHLY RECOMMEND"

These are the best of the best! These are the books that I cannot and will not stop recommending! They have moved me deeply and are books that I will think about and remember forever. Also, these are the books that I normally buy for my library and are books that I will reread.  


4.5-stars "STRONG RECOMMEND"

They are excellent books. They are enjoyable, but these books didn't reach into my soul like the 5-star books. These are outstanding books! 

 

4-stars "DEFINITE RECOMMEND”

These are great books. Please, don't get me wrong, they are worth reading! I recommend them as I thoroughly enjoyed them.

 

3.5-stars "RECOMMEND”

They are good books. I enjoyed them, but many of these books are more "fast food" reading. Interestingly, many of them are books in very long series.


3-stars "LUKEWARM RECOMMEND”

These books are okay but just okay. I enjoyed the book, but it wasn't memorable to me. Something missed the mark - plot line, character development, or writing.

 

2-stars or 1-star "DNF" (Did Not Finish)

I do not review these books, period. These are books that I “DNF” or books that were not good at all. I do not believe in leaving strictly negative reviews. Instead, I don't review the book. 

 

Happy reading,

Dorothea 💜

No comments:

Post a Comment